Liberal Democrats in the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole conurbation are the only credible alternative to the Conservatives and we believe that residents across all our communities deserve better. It is, therefore, our goal to put the needs, concerns and hopes of local residents at the very centre of our programme for the next four years.
We have set ourselves the following targets;
- Tackling the worst housing crisis the conurbation has ever seen
- Placing environmental sustainability at the core of everything we do
- Improving roads and transport networks across the whole conurbation
- Reversing cuts to adult social care and children’s services
- Put local people at the heart of decision making processes
Liberal Democrats Demand Better for Dorset
Dorset Liberal Democrats are offering a new Vision for a new Dorset Council.
We will create a Council that Listens. A new Council that devolves power, decision-making and finance to our towns and parishes, that puts fairness for all of Dorset’s residents at the heart of what it does and that recognises we must do far more to protect and enhance our environment.
The Conservatives have spent recent years cutting valuable services that our residents need, slashing the bus network and increasing rural isolation, undermining our libraries and youth services and attacking budgets that support special needs children and families. They have allowed our public toilets to get into a disgraceful condition. Austerity has gone too far and must be brought to an end.