Mid Dorset and North Poole Lib Dems
£20,000 to £22,000 PA
Mid Dorset and North Poole Liberal Democrats are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and hard-working Constituency Organiser to work with their team in the run-up to the May 2019 local elections.
We are a well-resourced and active local party, and Dame Annette Brooke held the Westminster seat in this constituency for fourteen years until 2015, when she retired.
The current Dorset local authorities are re-organising into two Unitary councils. In 2019, these councils will both be elected on new boundaries. The Mid Dorset and North Poole Party will be fighting all of the 18 new Unitary seats within the constituency. We currently hold 16 out of 36 seats across the existing district, county and borough councils, so we are a well established force in local politics.
This is an excellent chance to develop first-hand knowledge and experience of Liberal Democrat campaigning, and training will be provided to complement your existing campaigning skills.
You will be involved in:
• Providing support to the Campaigns Team
• Organising and participating in local on-the-ground campaigning
• Activist and membership development with a view to building capacity
• Literature design and production
• Engaging volunteers and activists using telephone and email
• E-campaigning, including monitoring, updating and uploading web pages
• Providing support to the Social Media Team
• Assisting with Voter ID and updating Voter ID and other databases
• Organising and running events
• Media monitoring and writing press releases
• Liaison with other local parties to coordinate campaigns across the county, and to support their activities
• Office administration
• A good standard of written English is essential
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a confident telephone manner
• Good ICT skills
• The ability to work within a small team and motivate others
• Ability to prioritise tasks
• Ability to work on your own initiative, in a flexible environment
• Working knowledge of politics and political processes
• Interest in campaigns management and political strategy
• Sympathy with the aims and values of the Liberal Democrats
You would be required to join the Liberal Democrats in order to come under the Party’s GDPR Data Controller, and you must not be a member of another political party.
Past Organisers have gone on to secure employment with MPs or as campaigns professionals, so this post would suit anyone seeking a career in politics or campaigns.
Full-time (38 hours per week). This will initially be a time limited contract to cover the election campaign
period, ending on 31 May 2019.
31 May 2018
Interviews will take place during May and June 2018, and may start before the Closing Date. Start date will be 1 July 2018, or as soon as possible thereafter.
How to apply:
Applicants should send CVs with a single page covering letter to:
The Campaign Manager
Mid Dorset & North Poole Liberal Democrats
14 York Road
If you have any questions about the role, email MDNP Lib Dems' Chair, Annette Brooke at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07983 428521.